We will explore the task of supervising effectively from a psychoanalytic perspective including the:
• The tasks of supervision
• Parallel process, including transference – counter transference matrix and the use of the clinical rhombus
• Historical development of good supervisory practice
• Mentalizing the transference
• Role of contracts and boundaries
• Supervising and treatment outcomes
We will also be drawing upon recent evidence based methods, including mentalization based models to understand implicit communication through the arts.
The training will explore theory and the exploration of these concepts using role play and via the medium of imagery generated in response (Drama and Art).
We will be using examples of your own experiences either as a supervisee or supervisor for us to work with on the day (if you have an important scenario that you would like us to work with, please let us know on the day).